New Generation Large Aircraft
– New Large Aircraft (NLA) or New Generation Large Aircraft (NGLA) are the future of long distance air travel. With current air craft size reaching unknown proportions to humankind, airports that are interested in attracting future business as well as the revenue the large amount of passengers per flight may generate, will have to adapt their installations to the demanding needs of these supersized vehicles. The following paper will focus on the new Airbus A380 and the requirements that airports inviting this magnificent work of engineering to use their installations will need to meet….
Wilbur and Orville Wright and the First Airplane
– In 1903, I can only imagine that the single thought inside of both Wilbur and Orville Wright’s minds was to get their airplane off the ground. Because of their dream of heavier-than-air flight, mankind has gone from a flight of 120 feet, in an aircraft designed largely out of wood, using bicycle drive technology (World Digital Library, 2013), to a spacecraft that is about to leave our solar system (Voyager I). To quote American author, Napoleon Hill (1992), “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” When we stop to consider how far we have come in just over one hundred years, is it even possible to conceive what air travel might look like a hundred years from now….
The Different Types of Aircraft Hazards and Support Equipment for ARFF Personnel
– To become a firefighter is not an easy job. To become an aircraft rescue and firefighter (ARFF) takes a special individual because of the unique level of duties it requires. There is a great deal of preparation and skills that ARFF personnel must have to respond effectively to any aircraft accident or incident. “Because of the extensive nature of emergencies” that ARFF personnel may come across, they must be well trained to handle any of these circumstances (Jenkins, 2008). ARFF personnel are and have to be universal in a wide range of duties….
The Best Carpet Cleaner
– Although Resolve High Traffic Foam and Woolite Heavy Traffic Foam both claim to be the best carpet cleaner, there is quite a difference in the performance and health risks with each product. As a mother and pet owner, I had to find an effective and affordable carpet cleaner and needed to do so quickly. I went through many different cleaners claiming to be “The Best” when in fact, they were not. Not only does this become quite expensive, but also frustrating after trying the product only to find out it is not “The Best” carpet cleaner….
Aircraft Scheduling and Fleet Management
– The primary considerations for airline scheduling are routes that “provide optimum public service…consistent with the financial health of the carrier” (Wensveen, 2011). In addition to that, there are numerous other factors that must be taken into account. These factors include: equipment maintenance, crews, facilities, marketing factors, and other factors such as wind patterns and what I would call “rush hour”. The aircraft must be scheduled so as to allow adequate time for routine maintenance, as well as a buffer to meet unscheduled maintenance requirements….