A Career as an Airport Security Coordinator
– In today’s volatile aviation environment the best way for a commercial airport to be secure is to have the responsibility shared between the airport operator, air carriers, tenants and the transportation security administration (TSA). After “9/11” the security scenario in airports has been drastically changed and detailed comprehensive strategy is required to deal with increasing terrorism and hijacking threats. Because of all the terrorist attacks and threat, the protection of our airport’s security has needed to become more of a team effort, whereas both organizations and individuals come together and work as a team….
Aircraft Scheduling and Fleet Management
– The primary considerations for airline scheduling are routes that “provide optimum public service…consistent with the financial health of the carrier” (Wensveen, 2011). In addition to that, there are numerous other factors that must be taken into account. These factors include: equipment maintenance, crews, facilities, marketing factors, and other factors such as wind patterns and what I would call “rush hour”. The aircraft must be scheduled so as to allow adequate time for routine maintenance, as well as a buffer to meet unscheduled maintenance requirements….
An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV): A Pilotless Aircraft
– A. History of UAVs An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is nothing but a pilotless aircraft. It is called Unmanned due to the absence of human presence onboard; Aerial Vehicle refers to the fact that it is an aerially operating vehicle. On the other hand, an Unmanned Aerial System is a UAV equipped with a communication system, a localization system, and a ground control station. Long ago, people have taken interest in the prospect of having a UAV. The first incidence of a UAV was as early as 425 BC and was inspired by the flight of birds….
Aircraft Propeller Design Details and Operation
– Decades and decades were spent on research before humans were able to taste what flying was like. Finally after years and years of research, flying was accomplished. An airplane is made up of various parts, and we could spend hours and hours explaining what are some of the components that make an airplane fly. However the big component that gives an airplane its required thrust will be discussed in the following pages, that big component is the propeller. There are many types of propeller, such as ground adjustable propellers, two position, controllable pitch, automatic pitch, reversing, and beta control propellers, constant speed, fixed pitch, and full feathering….
The Different Types of Aircraft Hazards and Support Equipment for ARFF Personnel
– To become a firefighter is not an easy job. To become an aircraft rescue and firefighter (ARFF) takes a special individual because of the unique level of duties it requires. There is a great deal of preparation and skills that ARFF personnel must have to respond effectively to any aircraft accident or incident. “Because of the extensive nature of emergencies” that ARFF personnel may come across, they must be well trained to handle any of these circumstances (Jenkins, 2008). ARFF personnel are and have to be universal in a wide range of duties….