Air Chief Marshal Sir Hugh Dowding: The Battle of Britain
– Few tales from history have held as much fascination as that of the Battle of Britain. The notion of the RAF fighting against the might and power of the Luftwaffe, and winning, has captured the imagination of generations. Yet few people know who the man responsible for the victory really was. Most of the time, Prime Minister Winston Churchill is portrayed as the man who saved Britain. To some extent, this is true. If Churchill had not kept up the spirits of the British people, and had not refused to give in to Germany, then the Battle would have been lost….
Federal Air Marshals
– Over the years the men and women that risk their lives by boarding planes under a false identity to protect us have been called many things. The names range from simple, “Sky Marshal” to more complicated “Civil Aviation Security Liaison Officers.” No matter what they have been called through the years one thing has always stayed the same. The United States Federal Air Marshals have always been a group of our finest law enforcement officers that give up the luxury traditional police work to sit next to crying babies and old talkative ladies all day….
Significant Developments in the Regulation of Air Travel
– In December 1903 at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville and Wilber Wright were successfully in their attempt to fly a heavier that air contraption. This event was labeled in history as the “birth of aviation”. The flight occurred in a field which did not have a paved runway and only enough room to take off and land. Additionally, they had no lights or terminal. More importantly they had no regulatory governing body to oversee operations (Young & Wells, 2011). There are various events through history of Air Transportation which have led to the advent and development of the aviation oversight program in the United States….
United States Marshal Service
– The United States Marshal Service (USMS) is a part of the Department of Justice. The United States Marshal Service occupies ninety-four United States Marshals, all appointed by the president. One Marshal is appointed to each federal court district. The headquarters is located in Washington, D.C. This is the oldest and most versatile federal law enforcement service. Although this service is often overlooked, it is critical in maintaining order in law enforcement. This service arrests approximately 337 fugitives every day….
Job Study on the Australian Air Force
– JOB STUDY Training and Advancement 1. Are there any educational or other qualifications your employer would expect for the job you are doing. Following appointment as an Officer in the Air Force, you’ll undergo an Initial Officer Course (IOC) at the Officer Training School, RAAF Base Williams (Point Cook) 20 km south west of Melbourne, Victoria. This course aims to teach you the leadership skills needed to become an Air Force Officer. The course is a combination of theory and practical training…. ;