TED Talk by Cary Fowler
– I once played this game where you had to pick a card and it would have a category on it. You would read the word out loud then go around and have to say a type that matched the category and keep going around till someone can’t think of a type. Once the word was apple, it was the shortest round for once the types Gala, Red Delicious, McIntosh and Granny Smith were all named we couldn’t think of anymore. Which is a point Cary Fowler, an agriculture expert, makes. In a TED talk Fowler gave a speech titled, One Seed at a Time, Protecting the Future of Food, discussing how we have lost almost all of the diversity in crops….
Transgenic Organisms in the Agricultural World
– What are transgenic organisms. How are they made. Are they safe. Are they a good source of food. These are all questions that are asked about transgenic organisms. Through this paper we will discuss these questions and give viable answers. We will look in detail into the role these organisms play in today’s society. Transgenic organisms are organisms that have been genetically modified through the insertion of DNA from one organism into the genome of another organism (WiseGeek, 2011). In our case the organisms are agricultural plants that are being modified to produce a desired phenotype….
IFPRI – ICAAP Project to Provide Global Agricultural Advisory Services to Small and Marginal Farmers
– IFPRI – ICAAP project to provide global agricultural advisory services to small and marginal farmers International Food Policy Research institute, Washington DC and ICAAP (IKP Centre for Advancement in Agricultural practice) joined together to establish global agricultural knowledge facility through information and communication technology (ICT) in India. The project aims to establish an interactive internet-based platform for facilitating knowledge and experience sharing between the various agri-stakeholders (including men and women farmers, extension agents, agricultural scientists, agro-industries, agri-financing institutions, policymakers and planners)….
Agricultural Policy of Serbia in Relation to Its EU Integration
– Agricultural Policy of Serbia in Relation to its EU Integration European Union, since its foundation, gave very much importance to cooperation in agricultural policies of the member states. Whether it is because the countries do not have enough agricultural production or their economies is based on agriculture and they seek a favorable market environment, policies on this area have always been on the top of the agenda. For establishing guidelines on agricultural integration and align member states’ policies, EU launched CAP, Common Agricultural Policy….
The Agricultural Revolution in the 20th Century
– The Agricultural Revolution in the 20th Century Development of Agricultural Tools and Machines The development of machines began in the 1890’s when the first steam tractor and combine were made in California (Meij 3). There was a need to make more efficient use of the labor; therefore, machines were developed (“Agripedia” 2). By 1914, the combine started to spread outside of California to the rest of the United States (Meij 4). Then in 1928 it spread to Great Britain and then to the Netherlands after World War II (Meij 4)…. ;