The Advertising Industry: Targeting Youth
– Our culture is plagued by rampant consumerism. Today’s view of the ultimate reason for human existence is the purchasing and owning of stuff. The idea is that whoever has the most stuff is the best, and from that we form our base of what it means to be an American. As corporations are placing greater emphasis on brands and icons, children and teens are the easiest prey to target. The average American child spends more than five hours in a single day sitting in front of either the computer or television screen while being constantly bombarded with advertising….
Career Profile: Advertising Executive
– Career Profile Task The career that I have chosen to profile is that of an Advertising Executive. Advertising professionals combine creativity with sound business sense to market a product based on financial, sociological, and psychological research. To ensure this complicated process works smoothly, advertisers spend a lot of time in the office (a six-day week is not unusual). Most of their time is spent brainstorming, creative blockbusting, and sifting through demographic research; less time is spent meeting with clients or pitching advertising campaigns….
Undergraduate Education in Advertising
– Undergraduate Education in Advertising Next spring I will be receiving a bachelor of arts in journalism at the University of Arkansas from the Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences. My focus in journalism is in advertising and public relations. Most schools separate the advertising and public relations departments and some schools even place them in the business school. My degree in the journalism department has benefited me because my education seems to be more well-rounded than most college degrees….
Advertising and Promotions Manager
– When walking the streets of Milwaukee there are many surrounding advertisements. The advertisements may be for an event, product or service. Whatever the advertisements may be, it is for the consumer to see and for the advertisers to promote. Advertising is a form of communication to persuade or inform someone to perform a certain task. In an advertising agency, advertising and promotion managers deal with a variety of tasks to effectively implement a desired message. Advertising and Promotions Manager can either work for an agency managing clients that contract their services or in-house working for a company as a part of their advertising department….
Advertising: More Than a Career
– Big, brightly colored images swarm cities plastered on tall billboards and city buses. Beautiful women with persuasive images fill the magazine stands. When the remote control presses power, hundreds of commercial ads are registered into our minds. We see these images daily, but how many times have we stopped and pondered how and who created them. Mark Twain stated, “ Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising,” (Princeton Review.) This growing industry is responsible for informing, persuading, and reminding the public of the many products and services our society has to offer….