Why I Want to Become an Actuary
– Risk is opportunity. Being able to accurately calculate and quantify risk and turning it into opportunities is the secret to success behind many financial and insurance institutions. Failure in doing so could bring about undesirable consequences as exemplified in the 2008 financial crisis. In this sense, I believe that actuaries play a significant role in preventing future collapses like this and minimizing their financial impact by applying complex statistical methods and mathematical knowledge….
– Actuarial Malpractice Actuaries are recognized for using mathematics in certain ways to estimate the financial obligations of a company. These approximations directly affect the company’s financial situation and outlook for the year. As any other professional occupation, standards must be followed to ensure the validity of the work being done. Risks of malpractice may arise if actuarial principles are not followed carefully. Actuarial malpractice has become a rising concern in holding actuaries liable for their work, where in previous years it was unheard of….
– “Part super-hero. Part fortune-teller. Part trusted advisor (“Be an Actuary.”).” An actuary is all this, they are crucial apart of the world of business. Actuaries work in both the public and private sectors of business. They are manly in the administrative part of the work place. They are in every large corporation and in even some of the smaller companies. Actuaries are most often in insurance companies and large corporations; though they are even in so financial planning businesses (“Be an Actuary.”)….
Actuarial Science: The Job for Me
– The world we live in is overflowing with choices and chances. Every day, each and every human must make thousands of decisions. Some decisions may be rather simple to make, or not present a high chance for an unfavorable outcome. While one may decide the apple they picked up from the store is not very sweet, the cost lost on the apple is rather minimal and the consumer will most likely be presented with many more opportunities to pick a delicious apple. However, some choices are much more complicated….
Are the Forces That Influence China’s Trade Surplus Over U.S. Actualy Good For Both Countries?
– ARE THE FORCES THAT INFLUENCE CHINA’S TRADE SURPLUS OVER U.S. ACTUALLY GOOD FOR BOTH COUNTRIES. INTRODUCTION Over the last two decades, China has been increasing its trade surplus. To run into a surplus mean that the amount of goods a country exports is far less than its imports. According to the World Bank (2010), China reported a surplus in the balance of trade equivalent to $US 1.7 Billion in April of 2010. Furthermore, before the financial crisis, the Chinese economy had a record from 2006 to 2008 with the fastest-rising Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 11 years…. ;